You play a game of Solitaire Yahtzee
and afterwards receive an analysis of how well you have chosen
compared to the Optimal Solitaire Yahtzee Player.
- To roll the unkept dice: Click Roll button
(below Score Card).
- To select the dice to keep: check or uncheck Keep checkboxes
(below the dice).
Only allowed on first and second roll of each turn!
- To score the current roll: Click button
next to an empty category.
Before clicking, the score in that category is displayed
below the Score Card.
Allowed on any roll;
however, you must score your third roll!
- Repeat steps above until all thirteen categories have been scored.
- To receive an analysis of your choices:
Click Analyze button (next to Score Card).
The result is shown in a separate window and can be printed on a single page.
- To start a new game: Click New Game button (above Score Card).
When clicking the Analyze button,
all your choices are analyzed on the server and a report is returned
in a separate window.
The report consists of three blocks.
- There is no Undo button!
Once you click to Roll or Score, your decision is final.
Before scoring, the score in that category is displayed below the Score Card.
The first block shows a line for each roll.
The columns contain the following information:
The following columns are only given if your choice differs from the choice
made by the Optimal Solitaire Yahtzee Player
(OSYP) in the same situation.
- # = turn number from 1 through 13
- Game State =
- set of unscored categories:
1 = Aces
2 = Twos
3 = Threes
4 = Fours
5 = Fives
6 = Sixes
T = Three of a Kind
F = Four of a Kind
H = Full House
S = Small Straight
L = Large Straight
Y = Yahtzee
C = Chance
- number of points needed in Upper Section to obtain the bonus,
- +/- depending on whether you scored 50 points for Yahtzee or not.
- Tot = total score so far
- Roll = dice values (sorted); number of rolls left (2, 1, or 0)
- You =
either the list of the dice values you kept, or the category you scored
(see under Game State for the meaning of the category letter codes)
- Expect = expected final score for your choice,
assuming that all subsequent choices are made optimally
- SD = standard deviation in the final score under optimal play
after your choice
- OSYP = OSYP's choice
- Expect = expected final score for OSYP's choice
- SD = standard deviation in the final score after OSYP's choice
- Delta = difference between OSYP's and your expectation,
followed by a marker indicating the class
(see next block for and explanation of the markers)
The second block counts all your choices in various classes:
Finally, the mean difference in expected final score per choice is shown.
Aim for a value below 0.2.
- Choices identical to the
Optimal Solitaire Yahtzee Player (OSYP).
- Choices not identical to OSYP but with (almost) the same expectation.
- Choices that differ from 0.01 to 1.00 from OSYP.
- Choices that differ from 1.00 to 5.00 from OSYP.
- Choices that differ 5.00 or more from OSYP.
The third block consists of the Score Card.
Feedback about this page is welcome